Sunday, February 09, 2014

More meal ideas


I want to blog about more than recipes and food. I really do. I miss the days of several years ago where I could do a blog post...or two or three each week. I know everybody is busy, so I won't bore you with my 'list of things to do each day'---suffice it to say that, I think I had more time when I only had one baby than now when I have five kids. Imagine that, haha!! ;)


In the mean time, here's another meal plan for the week. At least I get THIS on here :)

1. Crock pot vegetable beef soup, Bread

2. Pizza rolls, green beans, apple sauce. You could be healthy and make your own whole wheat pizza dough for this----I'm planning on saving some time and using the store bought stuff :)

3. Black beans over rice. I don't have a link, so here's what I do: I put several cans of black beans, mostly drained but not quite, in a greased skillet, and add some garlic, cumin, parsley and sea salt. Simmer until warm and it smells nice :) Next, thinly slice some zucchini and onion, sprinkle with seasoned salt and broil until soft. Serve the black beans over rice with the zucchini and onion on top. You can also add tomatoes, salsa, sour cream and cheese. One of our favorite quick meals!

4. Tuscan Pasta, roasted broccoli, homemade bread sticks.

5. Sandwich Bar. Just what it sounds like. I'm gonna sit out bread, mayo, green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, meat and deli pickles and let everybody make their own sandwich. Should be fun AND messy ;)  I'll probably also serve some fruit with these.










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...