Wednesday, January 08, 2014

3 1/2 Days!



Years ago, when Cosette was a tiny baby, I would get Cabin Fever SO bad and SO quickly in the winter time. If I had to be home more than a day or two at a time, I would cry for mercy and head to my parents house for a change of scenery!

But now? Oh no. I relish multiple days at a time with nowhere to go. Maybe it's all the jackets and shoes and diaper bags that go along with going out anywhere. Maybe it's ALL the carseat buckles and booster seats that have to be fastened and unfastened every time you get out of the car. Although, these past couple of days, I'm pretty sure it was the -38 degree wind chill factor that was keeping me at home ;) 


So what do you do at home for 3 1/2 days with five little ones? Well, lots and lots of school work. We're getting back into the routine after Christmas break. Eli is working on conquering his Times Tables, Cosette is diving into fractions and decimals, and Noah is getting better at his reading every day.

We've also managed to squeeze in a few games of Dutch Blitz and Stare. Never heard of Stare? Google it---it's a fun game!

We've also had fun wearing new Christmas clothes
from Pappy Shaun and Suzanne.


And Noah, having discovered that he can actually READ
some of the words in books all by himself, is suddenly
very interested in curling up with his younger siblings
and reading to them. See? Melts my heart every time!



And this morning, when the older kids finished their
school work, I made a point of asking Leanna what
SHE would like to do with mommy. PAINT!!
She so sweetly sat out paper and paintbrushes and
water and paints for both of us, and we had SO
much fun sitting there and painting together. :)




Oh, and another great thing to do when stuck inside is EAT GOOD FOOD!!! And this brings me to my next point. I'm thinking of re-instating my weekly meal plans on here and sharing them with you all. Would anybody be interested in seeing them? Mention it in a comment if you are! I thought if nothing else, it might help to spark some ideas for you all. I know sometimes I just wish that somebody would tell me WHAT to cook :) So here are a few of the meals that we've been eating this week:

1. Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas.

2. Orange Teriyaki Salmon. This is a new one I'm anxious to try, but Our Best Bites very rarely fails to offer delicious recipes, so I bet it will be tasty!

4. Lazy Day Stew. Another one of our favorites that is so easy to throw in the crock pot and smell cooking all afternoon. I skip the lima beans and add a bag of frozen peas toward the end instead. Oh, and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce :)


Hope those give you some good ideas to throw into your meal rotations :) I hear the weather is supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to going out----anywhere!---probably the library :)













1 comment:

Pony and Petey said...

I'm interested! I love reading about your life and your family :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...