Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Always there......



Leanna opened the door and came running down the hall, curls a  mess and bouncing everywhere. She ran to me and wrapped her arms around my neck in a big bear hug. And I thought.....This is seriously my favorite part of the day.

But then, later, I got to witness one of my children working through a tough challenge....seeing the fruit of the Spirit displayed in their life as they matured and grew in their faith. And I thought......This has got to be one of the best parts of motherhood.

But then, later, dinner was cooking in the oven, and I was mixing some ingredients on the counter. Eli came up and stuck his nose in the dish, inhaling a huge aroma of yumminess. "Oh Mom, this is my favorite stuff! You're awesome!" Okay.......How could that NOT be the best moment of my day?

But later, when all the kids were tucked in, and I sat on the couch next to Joel, and we pulled out the adoption book we've been reading, and then closed our eyes in prayer....I thought "Nope, THIS is my favorite moment of today."

And so I guess I'm blessed with 'favorite moments'. Don't get me wrong, life is not perfect....is it for anybody? We have 'those days' around here too. We get sick. Mom gets grumpy. Children fight. This week, we'll remember the 3 year anniversary of losing my mom. I don't mean to make life seem all peachy and rosy and like nothing ever goes wrong.

But, in the back of my mind, I remember these words: "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you....." And I know that through the snotty noses, the arguments and yelling of children, the work that needs done and the unexpected things that come our way....HE is there.

So I'll smile through the beautiful times.....the hugs of my children, the quiet moments with my husband, the smell of banana bread and the start of a new day. And when the rough times come.....this Friday, when I'll feal the ache of missing my mom even stronger than ever......I'll still smile, and remember that HE is always there. As the words of one of my mom's favorite songs said "Oh, How He loves us!"










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...