Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Greek Feasts and Flower Beds :)

Almost two weeks....that's how long it's been since I've posted on here. We're finishing up our last two weeks of school, and I've been fully occupied doing end-of -the year organizing, etc. I looked on my camera tonight and saw that I had a bit of catching up to do. But first, before I bombard you with the happenings in our life, a word from the cutest one year old walking the face of the planet:

 See? Isn't he cute? Those blue eyes get me every time! (By the way, he has a bit of a cold, and someone asked me if he could be teething---haha! He already has at least 16 teeth, so I certainly hope he's not getting any more at the moment!)


So I mentioned we're finishing up our school year. We ended our ancient world studies last week with a 'Greek Feast'. Zeus and Athena joined us.......


Appetizers of dates, almonds and olives.......

He really did like them, he was just thoughtfully contemplating everything :)

1st course of eggs and melons....

Main course was fish and toast with tomato/oregano/feta spread. Dessert was Galatopita, a Greek-style  custard, but I forgot to get a picture of it.


Today, the kids and I decided to tackle the flower bed behind our house:


Okay, so it looked more like a weed bed. I hadn't done anything with it since before Reagan was born, so the weeds and rocks kind of over took it.


We pulled weeds, dug out rocks and dug in the dirt for two full hours. Cosette and Eli worked like champs! I like when we can work together and conquer something like this! It's so satisfying to look back at it later and know you got the job done :)


Finally, the fun part---planting the flowers!


We were quite proud of our finished product :)








No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...