Sunday, April 21, 2013

'Pupple' Gum

Purple gum. Leanna is obsessed with it! Or, as she would call it, "Pupple Gum" I'm not sure what got her going on it----I'm not even sure if she had even had it before. I usually buy the plain, boring, sugar-free white peppermint kind.  All I  know is that one day, I asked her what she would like to do for her birthday that's coming up next month, and she replied "Eat Pupple Gum" Hmmm...well, that's an easy request to fulfill!

Now, almost every answer that she gives is 'Pupple Gum', even when it doesn't make sense. Here are a few sample conversations:

Me: Leanna, do you want a snack?
Leanna: Yep, Pupple Gum!

Me: Leanna, what do you like best about Sunday School?
Leanna: Pupple Gum! (see what I mean about it not making sense sometimes??)

Me: Leanna, what would you like to do now?
Leanna: Eat Pupple Gum!


She's even been making up little ditty's about purple gum. The other day, I heard her singing something that went like this: "Pupple gum, pupple gum, I want pupple gum. Geen gum, 'ellow' gum, Pupple, Pupple Gum" ( I guess she had to add a little variety there for any chances at a best-seller ;)

So there we were, standing in the check-out lane at WalMart, innocently waiting our turn, when suddenly, my daughter turns her head to look at the candy display and sees............PUPPLE GUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How, how, HOW could I say no??







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...