Sunday, February 24, 2013

A little bit of this and that.....

I should be doing all my school prep for the week right now. But it's Sunday afternoon, and I'd rather do something fun....so I'm blogging instead ;) Science and history planning will happen....later :/  I actually had this long, thought-out post all ready last night, and just as I hit 'publish'.....blogger ate my post! It was just...gone, vanished into thin air. My family was impressed that I didn't get upset or injure my computer.....I simply whined for about five minutes straight and then went to take a hot bath, haha :)

So anyway, this post is much less 'planned', and more of just a photo dump--that way, if blogger eats it again, I won't feel compelled to go take another bath :) 


I took this picture because I love pictures of pretty food! We try to eat 'the colors of the rainbow' as much as we can around here. This was prep for a salad we had last week.


I posted this one on facebook last week, but it was too good not to share again! They were having fun dressing up.


I know, I know....I've got incredibly cute kitchen help ;)



And this girl actually DOES help!! She's old enough now to put the entire salad together all by herself :)


My Love gave me a dozen roses on Valentines Day. Cosette knew the secret ahead of time, and was SO excited when the doorbell rang and there was a big box on the front porch. "I know what it is! I know what it is!!" she kept saying :) I know some of you are more of the 'show our love throughout the year and don't waste money on Valentine's day' sort, and that's cool :) But I'll admit it, I've always been a sucker for a dozen roses ;)


Our weekly meal plan, all written out. A few weeks ago, I asked Joel to 'clean off the dry erase board in the kitchen'. I MEANT the one with the kids chores on it, but I didn't specify that. Poor guy innocently wiped off the wrong board....the one with my meal plan on it......yeah. I've since learned to take a picture of it just in case ;)


By the way, a lot of the recipes you see on the above board can be found at Heavenly Homemakers, one of my favorite 'go-to' sites for healthy recipes :)







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...