Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Stay at home :)





I looked at the calendar yesterday, started counting backwards, and suddenly realized that this is the sixth day in a row that I haven't gone anywhere. Like, I literally haven't been out my front door. Now,
there was a point in time when staying home for six days in a row would have driven me crazy. I would have been trying to figure out ANY excuse to 'get out of the house'.  Maybe it had something to do with the cold Christmas weather we've been having; maybe it was based on the fact that Joel had a nice, long, four-day weekend; maybe it was because my sister has been staying with us and there is another adult in the house to talk to ; maybe I'm finally getting the hang of the 'stay at home' part of stay at home mom---but whatever the case, I've been quite content the past few days to just hunker down and enjoy my sweet babies here at home. In fact, I thought I'd take the kids to the library today, but when I looked at the temperature and it said '19 degrees', I decided that the library could wait until a warmer day! My next opportunity to 'get out' is going to be this coming Friday---we're going to see 'Les Mis'---SO excited about that!


Joel and Cosette got to go out on Monday for a Daddy/daughter date for Cosette's birthday. If you look closely at this picture, you'll see that poor Joel was still suffering the effects of the pink eye that made its rounds around our house this Christmas season. We're on our third bottle of antibiotic drops so far :/  I am the last one to catch it---think I can manage to escape unharmed? Only time will tell ;)



Aunt Kristin bought a bag of oranges, and Leanna was quite happy to 'help' her eat some of them :)


Snow + cute babies+ flannel pj's+library books=a perfect snowed in evening



Enjoying all the new Christmas markers and crayons

One huge box of legos makes for two very happy boys!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...