Sunday, January 13, 2013

A GOD moment

I had one of those moments the other day where God placed a devotional reading in front of me that so clearly shouted to ME it was almost eerie. Have you ever had one of those times? It always just solidifies in my  heart what I already know---that God is watching over me and knows exactly what I need to hear on a particular day.
    It had been a frustrating morning. I had lost my patience as many times as Abraham has descendents   more than once, I had run around like a mad woman trying to get everybody out the door to our afternoon homeschool group meeting. By the time we got there, I felt rushed and about ready to 'tip over the edge', whatever that means. (I think I just made that phrase up. I have real problems remembering idioms. My husband laughs at me, haha) After I helped with the singing group, the older kids went off to their various classes, and I sat down to nurse Reagan and read. This particular paragraph stood out to me:


        What "gripe" lies hidden in your heart that needs to land somewhere? Before you start your day, pour your heart out to God with honesty and candor. Tell Him exactly how you feel and what brokenness or burden is weighing you down. Whenever you encounter frustration today, go to the throne before you go to the phone!" 
                                                                                                         Kari Patterson, 'Plenty'



How often do I try to depend on people--whether it's my husband, my sister, my best friend, facebook, a telephone call, or whatever---to 'fix' my problems, instead of first bringing them to God? He is not only willing to hear me out, He WANTS me to come to Him so He can take the burden from me. Who else can do that for me?

My challenge to myself this week is this: When those frustrating times happen (as they do for ALL of us), I'm going to try to stop and bring them to the throne of my Father. Will you join me in going before the throne instead of the phone?



Blurry, yes, but a beautiful moment caught, nonetheless

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...