Sunday, November 18, 2012

The familiar rhythm of our life

Little faces turn up toward mine for a good-night kiss.

Older eyes look at me pleadingly, begging to stay up and read for ten more minutes. I check the clock, and make the tough decision to answer with 'no'.

The last load of laundry hums in the dryer with a calming sound.

My favorite pottery plates clink as I replace them on the shelves, having done their job of feeding baked eggs and apple slices to hungry mouths tonight.

I open note-books on the kitchen table, writing down "Read 1 Peter 3:8-9. What is the good news talked about in verse nine?" Will these verses bless my children in the morning? Will they be open to the Lord's voice?

Frozen blueberries, oatmeal, vanilla, eggs and flax seed plop into a 13x9 that I slide into the fridge, ready to make my house smell like baked oatmeal in the wee hours of tomorrow morning.

I check the clock again: Maybe just a little time left to sew on my quilt and then a hot bath before bed?


The rhythm of our evenings...turns into the rhythm of our days... and back into evenings again. I am busy and blessed doing this 'mama thing', folks. I am still here....hoping to blog more this week as I share with you all the many ways I am blessed.









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...