Sunday, October 14, 2012

The secret to conquering Monday


It's Sunday evening. I spent a half hour tonight 'getting ready' for Monday. I started the first load of laundry, I filled the dishwasher, I picked up the toys, I got the meat out of the freezer to thaw for dinner tomorrow, I went over lesson plans, made sure I had all science materials......anything to make 'Monday' run more smoothly.

But, like it or not.....it's still Monday :) Things WILL go wrong....children WILL have melt-downs and temper tantrums, and I WILL misplace and loose at least a dozen things as the morning progresses.

Thankfully, I read very wise words from a fellow mom one time. I can't remember the blog, but I remember the thought. It went something like this:

 "Start your kids out in the Word, first thing in the morning. Saturate them with it, talk to them about it, memorize it, pray with them......and if the rest of your day goes klaplooie, at least you've done this one thing right."

(I don't think she actually said 'klaplooie', I just think it's fun to say ;)

I LOVE that thought! It's so liberating! If I start out my morning and manage to accomplish this ONE very important thing, the rest of my day can be a beast, and it's okay. If the laundry pile only grows instead of shrinking, if I step on a million legos, if my two year old cries the entire morning and I manage to burn the frozen pizza at dinner time....it's okay, because I've accomplished this one, all important thing.


That's why, every night before I go to bed, I take the time to sit out these notebooks and a Bible for my older two kids. The Bible is open to the right passage, the notebooks are already set up with questions for them to think about and answer on the passage they just read. And then we discuss it together. And we pray together....for anything from Aunt Kristin visiting Pappy Shaun to our compassion child to the cut on Leanna's finger ;)



Yes, our morning will start out in the Word. No matter what else happens, I've filled my children with Truth. I'm armed and ready....Monday, bring it on!

















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...