Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's been a while since my last post.  Lately, I've felt like my life is a juggling act. I mean that in a good way---it's a life FILLED with blessings and responsibilities, all of which I LOVE---but it takes concentration, dedication and priority-making to keep them all going. And I guess I've let the 'blogging ball' drop. But you know what? I'm okay with that. There is a season for everything, and right now, blogging is simply managing to fill that place in my life when I have a few minutes to think and just want to share what God is doing. I plan to keep this blog up as much or as little as fits into my daily life. As I'm sure is the case with most moms, I've found that my morning prayers include requests  for perseverance, wisdom, love, and patience to do this Mommy thing properly.

 Some days I feel like I succeed. Like the days when we actually DO the fun art activity and talk about making prints and what the word 'symmetrical' means---and I think "Hey, I can do this! We're rocking this home-schooling thing!"

But then the next day, I burn the frozen pizza. No, I kid you not. The frozen pizza was supposed to be a treat for me to get out of fixing dinner on a busy day---and I burned it. Don't ask. I blame it all on the nursing baby ;)

 Then there's the questions that they throw at you that just make you stand there looking stupid for a while. Like "If light is made up of particles, why is it also called a 'light wave'? " Um........Joel!!!!!!" (Daddy handles all the questions that Mom just, well, can't. Hey, my specialty is Beethovan and Mozart, not Einstein and Newton.....)

 Yesterday as we took a walk, Leanna was complaining and whining and trying to pull away as I held her hand. I finally looked straight in her eye and said "Leanna, the road is a dangerous place. You MUST hold Mommy's hand, and you must do it with a smile, okay?" I looked down a few second later, and there she stood, holding my hand ever so sweetly with a HUGE, cheesy, fake smile on her face. Oh my goodness. I about cracked up--hilarious!

 Then there was Eli the other day. He came to me and said "Mom, I've decided I don't want to be a rich guy or a rock star when I grow up. I'm gonna be somebody who cares for other people and helps all the poor people". I smiled and told him that was great, and that sounded like something Jesus would want him to do. He smiled at me ever so sweetly and said "Do I get paid for saying that?" Groan...............

 But seriously, it's all good. The joy and smiles these children bring to me never cease to amaze me. Even as I typed this, Eli came and scooped his baby brother up to go 'play' with him. Even now, Reagan grins so huge to see Cosette or Eli come to entertain him. As I wash the dishes, wipe snotty noses, kiss ouchies, fix comfort-filled meals for my family---I try to keep this verse running through my head. " Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God" 1 Corinthians 10:31


I'll 'see' you all the next time my brain has stuff to unload :) 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...