Reasons why I refuse to clean up my boy's room anymore:
1. It hurts my back. Bend over, pick up the lego, straighten back up. Bend over, pick up another lego, straighten back up......you get the point.
2. It's dangerous. "Ouch, I stepped on a lego!" "Ouch, I stepped on another lego" "Ouch! There's another one!"
3. It makes me grumpy. "Why do all the legos end up on the floor anyway? There's a table for the legos! Don't dump the legos on the floor, for cryin' out loud!"
4. They need to learn to do it themselves, if it takes until they're 20. "Pick up a lego. Okay, now pick up another lego! Good! There's a hundred more legos on the floor, keep picking them up!"
5. There's a zillion other more productive things I'd rather be doing with my time.... like picking the legos up off of the LIVING ROOM floor ;)
(Okay, okay, I joke, but I really am thankful my boys love their legos.....thankful for the people who have GIVEN my boys legos....thankful for the awesome things they build and the brain power they encourage.....just wish the little things didn't hurt so bad! ;) And, I guess in all reality I'll probably just be ignoring that mess up there until, well, I just can't ignore it anymore! ;) And then, it's back to the lego picking up we go!