Tuesday, July 03, 2012

This and that


Seems like the only kind of posts I've been doing lately are photo dumps :) But that's okay---it just means I'm too occupied enjoying my blessings to think through anything more detailed! With that said, here are this afternoon's photos:



Wow, a picture without a kid in it! Are you amazed?? ;) On a VERY hot afternoon last week, I was tempted to make milkshakes for the kids afternoon snack. I thought it would be SO yummy and cold. But, the good, nutritious side of me opted for something slightly healthier---a banana smoothie! It was so good! Here's how to make it: Put into blender: 1 banana, cut into chunks, some crushed ice, a teaspoon or so of vanilla, 3/4 cup of vanilla yogurt, and a little bit of water. Start blending it until it's somewhat smoother, and then add a good bit of milk (I used skim), maybe two cups or more, depending on how thin or thick you want it. Blend until smooth. As you can see, it was very creamy and frothy :)



Always amusing to see the contents of my pants pockets at the end of the day!



We did a fun craft this morning on the back porch. It was simply flour and baby oil mixed together. It made a really funny feeling substance that stuck together and was fun to play with. But boy, did it make a MESS! I was glad we were outside :)







I decided the best way to clean them up afterwards was to simply get in the wading pool. We have a bigger one now, by the way ;)


Leanna looks like she was trying to dunk Eli in this next photo, but I'm not sure what she was actually doing :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...