Saturday, July 14, 2012

Choral Camp Recap......

My Cosette girl is finally back home, so all is right with the world! Well, almost....we didn't get home until almost 11 p.m. last night, so the little ones are still at Grandma's house, where they spent the day yesterday. But as soon as Reagan is done nursing and I've had a shower, we're going to pick them up too :) Joel and Reagan and I were in the car a total of 11 or so hours yesterday, but it was very worth it!

Cosette's week at camp was a great experience for her! She even remembered to put on sun screen, brush her teeth and eat her veggies (or so she claims ;) so I was very impressed, haha.

The camp they put on for the kids is absolutely incredible. There were top-notch, qualified teachers. The kids got excellent choir experiences, in addition to theory, history, practicum, recorder, string, and band classes. I think I may have forgotten a class or two, I'm not sure :) Cosette says she also had a blast at things like camp fires, art class, hay rides, shaving cream fights, etc. Oh, and did I mention that it's put on by our denomination? So everything was done 'for the Glory of God'--the first thing the kids did in the program was recite their Psalm for the week. When I asked her if she wanted to go back next year, there was a very quick 'yes!'

We weren't in a good position during the program to get many pictures, but here's two of Cosette singing in the choir---we were fortunate she was one of the younger ones and right in front :)










As a musician myself, I was highly impressed with this camp, and so glad Cosette had the opportunity to experience it! Another year or two and I hope that Eli will be joining her :)




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...