Friday, June 08, 2012

I have not had time lately to get on here and post much. And I think that's actually been a good thing, because it's caused me to stop and reflect a little bit on WHY I blog in the first place.

I don't have the way with words and blessing people like Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience.  I don't have incredible recipes to share like Our Best Bites. I don't have political and theological discussions to get your brain thinking like my brother in law Jesse. I don't have a huge following like Enjoying the Small Things

But you know what? I've determined that that's okay. This blog is about US. Even if nobody but me ever read it ever again, I think I would keep writing here. Writing, for me, is a great mental 'outlet'. Sometimes, after I see my frustrated words written for a blog, I realize how silly I'm being, and I hit the 'delete' button :) Sometimes, I look back over old pictures of the kids and realize how blessed I am. Sometimes, it's a way for me to sort through mixed up feelings or thoughts in my brain, or to share what God's been doing in my life lately. Sometimes, I just enjoy re-reading the funny stories about my kids.

It's been almost six years now that I've been 'blogging', and I've decided that I don't intend to stop, at least not any time soon :) While there are five kids running around my house, there will always be stuff to share and laugh at :)

I'm hoping to get back on a more regular posting schedule here pretty soon. Maybe I'll start out with a few days of nothing but pictures, we'll see :)



2 comments:

Chuck said...

as part of your 'small' falling i am grateful you blog

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and as soon as I see that you have a new post I immediately read it! Your blog is a big encouragement for me. I don't comment often but I am always reading!

~Sarah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...