Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekends

I remember when I was younger, weekends used to be about 'rest'. You know, sleeping in on Saturdays, long walks, watermelon on the front porch, that kind of thing. But then, I grew up. And I had kids. Five of them, to be precise. And soccer happened :) Yesterday, Joel and I both woke up at 6:45 and rejoiced that we had been able to 'sleep in', hahaha!!

Then, this was the rest of my morning until about lunch time:

Cosette, ready for a corner kick

Throw in....


I know it's hard to tell, but that's her trying to get the ball from the blue team.


I was too busy nursing the baby during Eli's game to get any pictures, sorry :(

The rest of our Saturdays are generally filled lately with catching up on housework, Joel working on the attic bedroom, sometimes he has an early-morning elder's meeting, etc, etc, etc.

That's why, when Sunday rolls around, after a very full week of taking care of children and equally busy Saturdays, I'm not at all ashamed to make it my 'day of rest'. Other than church in the morning, we try not to plan anything major for the rest of the day. If we're not visiting with family, we each have our own ideas of what 'rest' means on a Sunday afternoon:

For Eli, it means hanging out in a tree :) (He did not get this desire from me---I prefer to keep my feet solidly on the ground, thankyouverymuch.)


For Cosette, she is thrilled if her friend Jewel (who is also our neighbor and pastor's daughter) can come over to play on the front porch. There is two years difference between these girls, but they don't seem to mind.


For others of us, it simply means taking a good nap :)


My sleepy little guy



Then, I often take advantage of quiet Sunday evenings to meal plan for the week, get a head-start on school preparations, etc.

I am SO grateful for a day of rest!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jaime...great post, pictures!! I am so glad to see the pictures, and glad you and Joel still keep Sundays quiet!! Sorry your usual Sunday stop isn't there now, but so Grateful you have Joel's family to visit. Exciting to see Cosette playing with a friend, and Eli still climbing trees....he had just started that in our front yard on Peavine, if you remember. Hey, I just realized, Noah is missing in these pictures. The 2 little ones sleeping...PRECIOUS!! Love ya Dad

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...