Thursday, April 26, 2012

The tale of my pink toes....

My end of the week thoughts, basically, are....I'm glad the end of the week has gone better than the beginning :) Postpartum depression, has, thankfully, never been an issue for me. However, if I allow myself to get over-tired or stressed out, a day or two of the 'baby blues' is not unheard of.

Well, let's just say that the baby blues hit me Monday, and they hit hard. My house was a mess, school was going very badly that morning, Leanna was having awful potty training issues and I kept finding her running around the house with NO clothes on.....oh my, it was just a bad, bad, VERY bad morning. What is that book called? "Arthur and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day" Yep, that was my day.

At about 11:00, I'd had enough, and I sat down on the couch. Reagan was asleep in his bed. Leanna came over to me (fully clothed at this point, thankfully), and cuddled up. So since I knew both my babies were safe, at least for the immediate time being, I allowed myself a good five minute cry and pity party.

Presently, Eli came over to ask what was wrong. I said, through terribly immature sobs "Oh, Mommy is just having a really bad day!" Well, being the sweet heart that he is, he immediately ran to get me a tissue. We were out of tissues, of course, since it was the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. No bother. He just came running back with a wad of toilet paper. I laid my head down on the couch, and presently I heard him say "Stretch your foot out mom"  And before I knew what was happening, he had preceded to paint my toenails a bright pink color. So now, not only are my toenails painted a bright PINK, they were painted by a five year old, AND we're out of polish remover. Hehe. Lesson of the story?
                  Don't have a ridiculous pity party, or you might end up with bright pink toenails.


Bless his heart, though. He looked at me with the sweetest smile and said "There mom, do you feel better now?" :)

Just so you don't worry, I should probably end this post by letting you know that those nasty baby blues have left :) We rearranged a few things with our school schedule, and the past three days have been much, much, MUCH better. I greeted my husband this evening with a yummy dinner and a smile, and he was relieved to see his wife back to normal :)









1 comment:

Chuck said...

Eli, has the gift of encouragement and hospitality.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...