Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Redeem YOUR time

My Thursday evening Bible study group is going through the book "Becoming a Woman of Simplicity." Our latest chapter is called 'The gift of the Present', or something like that :) It's all about 'redeeming' the time that we've been given.

I used to think that 'redeeming the time' meant that I had to constantly be 'doing' something, accomplishing something, knocking something off of my 'to do' list.

But the author suggests, and I've also come to realize as I've gotten older, that 'redeeming the time' is more about being in God's Will, and accepting changes to your plans that He may place in your day. It may mean opening the door to an unexpected friend and spending some time praying with them, even though that wasn't on your 'to do' list for the morning. It may mean setting aside the house cleaning and laundry to go visit a lonely widow for the morning. It may mean sitting on the couch and quietly reading with your toddler. Redeeming the time---make the most of what you've been given.

As a mother of five, this made SO much sense to me. My time is, well, precious. Every moment of every day, there is something to 'fill up' my time with. I simply have to pick and choose which things are the most important---which things have the most 'eternal value'.

Right now, we've been setting less important things aside to enjoy and rejoice in Reagan James.

My cousin Sarah came to visit:



And my good friend Liz:

(Yes, Reagan is a snuggle bug---he'll fall fast asleep cuddled up in your arms)

A very recent picture from this afternoon. I declare, someday, some girl is going to totally fall in love with those big blue eyes of his! :)



Oh, okay, so this is NOT a picture of Reagan, obviously, but I had to throw it in here anyway. Think Noah got enough tooth paste on his toothbrush??!

2 comments:

Chuck said...

Wisdom is becoming the garment that you wear... and it is wonderful to behold.

Helen said...

The book sounds very interesting. I miss my biblegroup (it has resolved some months ago), will check on the book on Amazon.

Post more baby photos - he is soooooo sweet and tiny :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...