Friday, April 06, 2012

Holy Week

"Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." 2 Cor. 5:17

It's Holy Week. A time to reflect on the last week leading up to Christ's death and resurrection.

I was a bit sad this morning as I realized that our family has not been able to participate in alot of the typical 'Holy Week' activities I would normally want us to be a part of.


We're not making it to any special Easter programs or Good Friday services.


I barely got up a few Easter decorations onto the mantel before the baby got here.


The Bible Marathon that has been an enjoyable part of our Easter weekend the past couple of years is just not doable this year with a newborn.

But as I reflected some more, I realized that we ARE celebrating Easter week, in our own way.  Scripture tells us that ''....Every good and perfect gift is from above."

And, while we may not be joining in some of the more 'traditional' Holy Week activities this year, we ARE rejoicing in the 'good gifts' that are all around us. We're holding Reagan James and realizing that he is one of the 'good gifts' from the Father above.






Every good and beautiful thing you see around you is a result of God's love for us--exemplified, of course, in the Ultimate Gift of Jesus.




We are celebrating Holy Week---in our own way. We are celebrating the fact that ''...the old things passed away; behold, new things have come."

When I hold my newborn baby, see the beauty of God's creation, and rejoice at my family living and growing together.....I'm reminded that we are ALL given a chance at new life through Jesus.


                                                                     He Is Risen!

1 comment:

vintageDandelion said...

So true Jaime! And as I look around at nature and my family, I too praise God because I see and feel His love today. And everyday is a new day to experience it all over again.
Dianne

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...