Saturday, March 17, 2012

The simple things

I'm sorry to say that I don't have any pictures of my kids to share again this post. I apologize for that. I know one of the big 'perks' of this blog is grandparents and friends who live far away getting to see bright and cheerful photos of my kids.

I'll be honest, though, and admit that I just haven't thought much about taking pictures lately. The kids are as cute as ever, trust me ;) I just haven't been as quick lately to run and get the camera----maybe it's because 'running' anywhere to get anything these days is, well, difficult. Actually, walking is also difficult too, lol. Don't worry, before too long, baby number five will be here, and then we'll have LOTS of photos to share with you!

In the meantime, here's a quote from the book 'Loving the Little Years' that has been gently nudging me along this week, pushing me to be a more complete Mom to my little ones.

            "When God gives us children, it is work that He is giving us. Work with huge attendant blessings and bonuses, but work nonetheless."

And when I consider that God's Word tells me to 'do your work as unto the Lord'....well, conviction sets in.

I have been trying, as I wash the dried pasta off of dinner pots, not to think things like 'what a low-grade, menial task!' Instead, I've been consciously trying to think things like "Thank you God, for two working hands to serve my family, and help me to serve them with a loving, grateful attitude" When two children run to me crying over what seems like a petty argument, instead of trying to simply 'make peace' as quickly as possible, I've been consciously trying to take the time to 'get to the heart of the issue', talk to my kids, and use the situation as a teaching/training opportunity.

Simple, I know......sometimes it's the simple things that can completely turn your life around!

I'll leave you with that thought to chew on as you go through your week. I'll try to be better about taking pictures this week. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...