Thursday, February 23, 2012

Overwhelmed with gratitude

Since my oldest is only seven, and the rest of my kiddos are still so young, I'm sure I'm no expert in this. But, I think that I am at least slowly finding out that one of the most rewarding, fulfilling things for a parent is when your child has been struggling with something, fighting through a particular issue, and suddenly, you see the light at the end of the tunnel. You see them 'coming out on the other side', so to speak. You look at them and realize "Wow, they've worked through this! There has been character development, positive personality changes, and my child has learned one more step in dealing with difficulties. And maybe, just maybe, their relationship with Jesus has also grown and matured through all of this"

And I think that maybe that's part of the reason why we were so willing to add a fifth to our little brood of people. Sure, it's hard work...a LOT of hard work. But wow, the blessings sure make the hard work well worth it!

So, for those of you struggling with your own issues with your children, can I just encourage you to press on? Keep praying for that child, keep loving them, keep seeing every challenging moment as an opportunity to help that child/preteen/teenager to draw closer to his/her Lord.

My Thursday sisters Bible Study was a real blessing to me tonight, as they let me talk some things out and share some struggles/joys we've been experiencing in Parenthood lately.

And as I came upstairs later and checked on all my sleeping babies, brushed their sweet curls from their faces, remembered funny things they'd said during the day---well, I was just over-whelmed with gratitude that I get to be their Mama. It's amazing to me the sanctifying, purifying work God is doing in my OWN heart as I go through this journey of Parenthood!



1 comment:

Chuck said...

Agreed part of the amazing-ness of parenthood, is how He uses the 'wee-ones' to transform and conform us to His image.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...