Monday, February 27, 2012

Anything but dull.......

My days are anything but boring! From the minute I wake up in the morning, till I lay my head down at night, I'm laughing, groaning, and sometimes just plain dumb-founded at the things that manage to happen around here! Today, for instance.....


  • Eli was playing outside in the yard. He found half of a broken blue beer bottle that somebody had thrown in our yard. Of course, he HAS to pick it up and bring it to me. My response? "Yuck! That's someone's old beer bottle. Please put it down!" Always, always, choose your words carefully when speaking to a five year old. Because his method of 'putting it down' was to throw it with all his might onto my cement front porch. Yeah. He looked about as surprised as I did at the shards of broken beer bottle on our front porch, as if he had no idea that that was going to happen when he threw it down. *sigh*

  • I sent everybody outside to play on the swing set after school today. I forgot it's the end of Februrary.....melting snow everywhere....yeah, MUD galore! By the time they all came in, I had a whole new load of laundry to wash!

  • I found Eli and Leanna sitting in the school room today, trying to eat the raw macaroni that Eli was supposed to be doing a school project with. To top it off, Eli was sorely disappointed when I informed him that you don't eat raw pasta!

  • Someone (once again!!!) forgot to close the bathroom door when they were done, and I found Leanna sitting in the sink licking everybody's toothbrushes.

  • Most amazing thing of the whole day? Eli just came to me and asked "Mama, can I take a bath?" It's not even a normal bath day for him!!! Oh please, someone catch me before I faint! ;)


And so, this is why sometimes, at the end of the day, when Joel asks what I want to do with the evening, I reply "Let's just sit here and enjoy the quiet" :)






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...