Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful for 'Yay' moments

On this, the week of Thanksgiving, I am thankful when projects or ideas turn out 'right'. Nothing urks me more than when I try a new recipe and everybody gives it a thumbs down. Or when I have a specific project in mind, and it just doesn't turn out the way I expected or hoped it would. I guess that's God working in me to be 'content in all circumstances'.....even when life doesn't go according to my neat, nice little plan :)
This week, however, I have had a couple of 'thumbs up' projects happen. My first 'yay' was when I found this adorable purple hat for Leanna at GoodWill for 99 cents. I washed it up, put it on her sweet little head, and she loved it.
Photobucket



Well, okay....she loved it for about three minutes. Then it was more like 'Enough already!'
Photobucket


Second 'yay'. I've had this dress that I got from GoodWill for months. It was a ladies size large, way too big for me, and, well, rather hideous looking. I always intended to do something with it, but never got around to it. Yesterday, feeling inspired, I chopped it up, sewed it up, hemmed it up...............
Photobucket


.....and made this cute skirt for Cosette :) And it fits, and I did it right on the first try, and.....I'm a happy sewing Mama ;)
Photobucket


Funny side note: In the picture of just the dress, see the white and blue speckled object in the bottom left corner? I took the picture from way up high to get the whole dress in, and when I looked at the photo, for the life of me I couldn't figure out WHAT that was in the bottm of the picture. Something on the floor? My sock? A......oh wait. I know what it is. It's my baby belly sticking into the photo, haha :)

1 comment:

Chuck said...

way to redeem the dress

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...