Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Sprucing up the laundry room

Have you ever read the blog Better After? It's a whole collection of furniture/rooms, etc, that people have taken and 'fixed up'. They go from looking old and yucky to new and cool :)

Well, our own 'fixer-upper' room isn't quite as dramatic as any from that blog, but I must say, I was quite pleased with what a little paint can do! Joel decided to tackle our laundry area this past weekend. Our laundry room is really a former back porch which previous owners had made into part of the house, so it's long and skinny. We thought a little paint and work would add some new life to the space. I've been itching to show you all photos, and Joel just got most of the trim-work done tonight, so I finally have his permission to share :)

Here are our 'Before' photos


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


For anybody who knows me, you're probably already guessing that I hated the paneling in here. Well, here's what a little paint and new shelves can do:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


(And yes, I'm well aware that there is personal clean laundry hanging in these photos---I was too tired to crop the pictures, and besides, it's a laundry room, after all :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Looks great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...