Friday, September 09, 2011

A typical school day

One of the nice things about homeschooling is that, since you're working one on one with your own child, their work can get done a good bit faster than if they were in a traditional classroom setting. By common sense, it takes more time to teach 20 students their multiplication tables than it does to teach just one student :)

So, we normally begin our school day after breakfast at 8:00 in the living room with Bible time. We spend 10 or 15 minutes on that, and then it's off to the school room.

Eli is first grade, and I always do his work with him first, while Cosette works on her Spanish, which she does on her own (an online course) Eli's work doesn't take long---an hour, maybe an hour and a half. Then, Cosette and I do her work....more like 2-2.5 hours. So, starting at 8.....say 3.5 hours of school for me, total....school does take up my whole morning.

So, you're asking.....what does my three year old do during the whole morning? Well, he does do a lot of playing, looking at books, building legos, making messes, etc. But, sometimes, he informs me that he wants to 'do 'chool too, Mommy!' Then, I find something for him to work on.


Like this. We call it, um.....'Green', by Noah :)


Photobucket


Lots of times, he asks to get out his 'shapes'

Photobucket


Photobucket


Today, he made this. I call it 'Learning fine motor skills, colors, and shape recognition. He just called it 'My man' :)

Photobucket



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...