Thursday, September 29, 2011

Steamed, Poached, Fried, Boiled, Scrambled...How do you like YOUR eggs?

With Cosette, it was chocolate cake. I even sent Joel out to the store late one night for a chocolate cake mix because I was too tired to make one, but I HAD to have a slice---with nice thick frosting.

With Eli----Sorry, I don't remember.

With Noah---I developed a sudden and strong desire for olives that Thanksgiving, which is weird, because I never liked olives before that.

With Leanna---Graham Crackers with peanut butter and chocolate chips. I would consume, like, three or four whole graham crackers smeared with peanut butter every single afternoon. It's a wonder she wasn't born looking like one.

Now, with Baby number five---- Over medium eggs (steamed, NOT fried), with a slice of homemade bread and lots of butter. I have consumed more over-medium eggs in the past week than in a very long time. Which is also weird, because the thought of under-cooked eggs always disgusted me. You know, the whole "What if I get salmonella?" thing. And I'm still slightly concerned about that.....but one night, out of the blue, for no reason at all, an over-medium, slightly 'dippy' egg started calling my name, and that was it. I'm sunk. I eat them in the morning. I eat them at ten at night. I crave them in the afternoons, but usually use a little will-power then. Yesterday, I went shopping. I bought five dozen eggs. Yeah, FIVE dozen.

But seriously, I've been limiting myself to no more than one egg a day---and a little extra protein is good for me right now, right? :)

Fortunately, I've always had good cholesterol---and nice low blood pressure. Actually, it's been really low this time around--- 100/68 is an average. Maybe that's why I'm craving eggs :)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...