Thursday, September 22, 2011

Opening back up

Yes, I have changed my blog music. Some of you may remember that I had that one particular song playing for the past year in honor of my Mom. So, you're askin: "Are you done grieving or something?" Um....no. I will never, ever be done grieving. For the rest of my life, I will also grieve that my mom is not here with me. There will probably never be a day that passes that I don't miss her and mourn the loss of her. But, a year has passed. And God has been speaking to my heart.

Not so much to 'move on'.....but to open up. To open my eyes and see that there are others suffering just as much and more around me every day.

A family in our community lost their husband/father this week. I never met him, but I feel and understand their loss. And I realize how blessed me and my siblings were to have our mom with us for all of our 'growing up' years.

A relative of Joel's is going through the trials of having a child with congenital heart defects. Nerve-wracking and stressful, and yet they are dealing with it with grace and understanding.

There are couples out there with empty arms, while I enjoy the hugs of my children each and every day.

So, you see.....no matter what your situation in life, there is almost always someone else who is going through something similar, who understands how you feel. And I want my eyes and my heart to be open to those who are suffering.

My grieving is not over....but my heart is slowly opening back up to those who also need a hug, a word of encouragement, or just a simple prayer.

One of my new song choices says "Everyone needs compassion..." How true. May at least some of that compassion come from me....



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaime...you made me cry again. But I am glad you are moving to the next step....and I am so BLESSED to have a Daughter just like you! You are a BLESSING to everyone who comes across your path!! I love you!! Dad :) :)

Kelly said...

Your post made me cry again too! Thank you for your prayers and the encouraging words you left on Jack's carepage. It's been a rough week. Very rough. Yesterday was especially difficult as he is resisting his new medicines and getting him to take them is a stressful battle. I know it will get easier. For all of us.
Thank you, Jaime, for your prayers. Please know we think about you and Joel and your entire family often.
Love,
Kelly

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...