Monday, August 01, 2011

Scavenger Hunt

We sent our kids on a scavenger hunt around the house this afternoon when Joel got home from work. We told them that we had a gift for the family, and they would get clues as they completed the hunt.

At the end of the game, Eli and Noah had no idea what the gift was---but Cosette was starting to get an understanding grin on her face. She thought she knew the answer, but was afraid to say it out loud. Here are the clues we gave the kids:

1. We will have to wait a while for this gift.
2. You have had this kind of gift before
3. The gift is small.
4. The gift is often smelly
5. The gift may be bald
6. The gift will not be coming until March


Yep :) As we finally close what has been a sad year for our family.....as we anticipate the one year anniversary of losing my mom in just a few short days.....God has blessed us with joy instead.
 
"For I will turn their mourning into joy 
And will comfort them and give them joy for their sorrow." Jer. 31:13b.

Baby Curtis Number 5----Girl or Boy? Only time will tell :)




2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I get to be 1st to comment cause everyone else did on facebook!! haha :) I am SO HAPPY for you two and your family. You are right. God timed this wonderful surprise perfectly. I will be thinking of you and your family a lot in the coming weeks---for the sad memories and for the wonderful ones--both had and to come! I am blessed to have you for a friend.

Helen said...

You SO MUCH made my day in posting this, I am so happy for you and can't wait to see more sweetness around here (if this is even possile).

I am a horrible blogging friend, I know, but I am reading / enjoying and thinking of you.

Also sending a very special hug to you today and thinking of your special Mom and the blessing she was. I hope you can find a way to honour the memory of her today without it being too hard.

Sending a prayer and a hug from the other side of the ocean,

Helen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...