Sunday, August 14, 2011

Life

I have been a bad blogger lately! Unfortunately, along with a deep desire NOT to cook or bake anything, my pregnancy has also brought along with it a lack of interest in my usual photo taking. I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm just too tired? Well, whatever the case, it's too bad, because we had a lot of neat stuff happen this past week that I'd like to share pictures of, but most of them are on Joel's phone!
Fortunately, I did manage to take a few pictures here and there, so I'll just have to tell you about the week, and fill it in with visuals when I can :) (Note: I am sharing un-edited photos, because I'm just to tired to edit them---forgive me!)

It started off last Saturday with a surprise knock on our front door. Who was there? My Dad and Suzanne.....all the way from across the country!! Did I get a picture? Of course not :(

Well, anyway, it was nice to have them in this week, because on Tuesday (as you saw in my last post) we remembered the one year passing of my mom. Emotionally draining. A relief to have it past, in a way.


This random picture has nothing to do with anything....I just thought it was cute. I sent all three big kids upstairs (Leanna followed along, of course) to brush their teeth, and this is what I found when I went to check on them :)




We moved my sister into her new apartment on Wednesday and Thursday, and we are SO excited for her! I'm still waiting to see the 'fully finished' product with all the pictures and decorations hung. We threw her a surprise 'apartment warming shower' on Thursday evening, instead of our regular Bible Study.


She's gonna hate me for this one because I caught her by surprise and she wasn't smiling. Don't worry, she DOES smile :)

Then, on Friday, we had our first baby appointment--everything's fine :) Our normal practice has a new mid-wife, which we're thrilled about, and she seemed really nice and helpful. All my babies have been born with a mid-wife except Leanna. But even then, the doctor who delivered her did wonderful, and we had no complaints. We're hoping for an available mid-wife this time around, though.
After that, we packed up the kids and headed down to visit Joel's grandfather. Did I remember to take any pictures? Of course not :(  But here's one of the big kids in the motel afterwards.


Two eyes peeking out from under a comfy hotel blanket.


Two incredibly SLEEPY eyes peeking out from under the blanket.

And finally, my first attempt at pigtails for Leanna the next morning. They didn't last long :/

 We spent yesterday at the zoo, and finally arrived home last night about 8:30, tired but happy. Let's just say my little kids were less than beautifully behaved in church this morning after all the craziness of last week. We're all now collapsed on couches in the living room, enjoying a day of rest. Fortunately, this next week is looking to be a little less crazy :) 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...