Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Funny Moms

"Tomorrow, tomorrow, don't wait for tomorrow, let God use your life today"

And so goes the closing song on the 'Funny Mom's' tape---a parody on the classic song that we all know. You'll be singing it all week now. You're welcome ;)

What? You've never watched 'Funny Mom's'? Oh my....we must remedy this. Go here  and get yourself a copy!


This group of hilarious home-schooling moms put together the funniest, most heart-touching, 'hitting home' kind of skits/songs that any home-schooling mom could hope for. I laugh and laugh and laugh, every single time I watch it. It's just a group of silly moms singing silly songs about homeschooling---but they hit the nail on the head, so to speak. They touch on all those subjects that almost every single home-school mom has ever fretted over.

But it's not new. No, they made these tapes several years ago. The ones I own actually originally belonged to my mom. I remember she used to pull them out once or twice every school year, and we'd sit together in the basement rec-room and watch them and laugh our heads off. And mom would laugh so hard she'd cry! And, now that I'm a home-school mom myself, I understand even more why she found them so funny.

So, I hadn't watched them for years. But tonight, I really wanted to laugh. And I did. I laughed, and laughed, and laughed. But then, they got to the last song. That crazy, inspiring 'Tomorrow, tomorrow, don't wait for tomorrow, let God use your life today", and suddenly, I wasn't laughing anymore. I was crying.

Because I never knew watching those tapes with my mom all those years ago that I was making such a memory. I didn't know last summer this time that it was literally our last days with her. They're right. You can't live for tomorrow. You HAVE to let God use your life TODAY. I know it sounds corny and kind of 'cliche', but it's so true. Until you've lost someone as close to you as your mom, you can't begin to imagine the emotions that a song like that will bring up. You can't imagine how much you wish every day that you had just one more day with that loved one.

Find the joy. Hug your kids. Kiss your husband. Forget little spats, and the fact that you haven't cleaned your ceiling fans in years. Because frankly, in the end, it doesn't matter one tiny bit. But your kids? Your husband? Your loved ones? They're going into eternity with you some day. Invest in what really matters....let God use your life TODAY.


1 comment:

Chuck said...

amen excellent words to live by
and if you turn the ceiling fans on fast, they are kind of self cleaning ha ha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...