Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

So today was Father's Day. I could go on and on about how I married the absolute best man in the entire world, how the kids and I love him like crazy, how he's every bit of a father I always knew he would be, plus more.....but you all already know that! (If it ever seems on here like I'm kind of obsessed with my husband, don't worry, you're not imagining things----I am :)

Okay, so, to celebrate Father's Day, I thought I'd instead tell you a funny story. A few evenings ago, we had to run out to the store after dinner for a couple of things. Cosette and I managed to sneak away for a few minutes by ourselves so she could pick out her gift for Joel for Father's day. She picked two 'fun size' packs of candy bars. She paid for them, and we snuck them to the van without Daddy seeing.

Later, she told me: "Mom, I was having trouble knowing where to put the candy bars until Sunday, so I just asked Daddy "Dad, if you had two packs of chocolate that you wanted to keep safe for a few days, what would you do with them? And daddy said he would put them on the counter in a shady spot. So that's what I'm gonna do. And don't worry, Mom, Dad doesn't suspect a thing!!"

So. Cute. Oh my, I tried hard not to laugh. Later, I asked Joel "So, you have any idea what your gift is from Cosette?" He just smiled :)

Here he is this morning opening his gift from her. It's not a great picture---she looks half asleep and he's making a funny face, but my camera batteries died right after this first picture :/



So grateful for my wonderful husband!







2 comments:

Chuck said...

innocence and naivete
they are beautiful

Joel Curtis said...

Thanks Love! :)

- Joel

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...