Saturday, April 16, 2011

The start of Holy Week.....

I haven't picked up my camera in three days. I wish I had pictures to show you how awesome this weekend was, but I don't! I was too busy living it to remember to record it :)

The ladies of my church coordinate a really awesome Women's Retreat each spring. I was amazed the first year I attended at what an awesome job they do! ( I say 'they', because all I did was play cello on the worship team this year. I didn't help with any scheduling, planning, decorating, food preparation, publicity, or any of the other hard work that was put into the weekend. With all my kiddos, it was about all I could manage to just get to a few music practices for it :) )

But, anyway, the food was yummy (think brownies the size of a small dessert plate topped with strawberries and whipped cream), the fellowship enjoyable, and I got to visit briefly with a few friends that I don't get to see often enough! The speaker was awesome.....God was there. He was speaking to my heart. Challenging me on areas in my life that He and I need to work on together. Calling me closer to Himself. I'm so grateful for all the hard work that my fellow sisters in Christ put into getting this weekend together each year!

When Leanna and I got home this afternoon, I found my three oldest children happy with Daddy, and waiting to show me a few surprises they had worked on around the house. Joel even found time to build an awesome new wooden shoe rack for all of our shoes! (The little flimsy plastic thing from WalMart just wasn't holding up to all of the shoes this family of six was piling on it!)

When I came downstairs later this evening after bathing Leanna, I found Eli in the kitchen, carefully washing each of the dinner dishes. Nobody had asked him to, he just volunteered. My oldest boy has a very gentle and caring heart! I am so proud of him in that respect.

And now, there are potatoes cooling in my fridge for potato salad that we plan on eating with hot dogs after church tomorrow. I get to watch my oldest two kids wave palm branches and sing 'Hosanna'  with all the other children in church tomorrow. I will be reminded that my Savior, who died for my sins so long ago, will one day return  as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.....

Yeah, it's been a good kind of weekend....





2 comments:

Chuck said...

your ability with words is equal to pictures any day

Elizabeth said...

I agree with chuck :) now if we could just find a way to ship those incredible brownies you described to me through the internet...just like Willey Wonka :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...