Sunday, April 24, 2011

Oh, How He Loves Us......

We have spent the past several weeks as a family reading Amon's AdventureIt is the story of a little boy in ancient Israel, trying to save his father from an un-deserved death sentence. All the while, he is hearing about this man, Jesus of Nazareth, who is supposedly healing the sick and making claims of being the Messiah. We have been reading each evening, the kids moaning when a chapter is finished, as we eagerly wait to see not only how Amon is going to save his father, but also whether or not he will come into a true relationship with Jesus, his Messiah.........
    
    We sat in our living room last night, Good Friday. Eight other friends joined us as we read straight through the Gospels of Mark and John. From beginning to end, we didn't stop. Twice in one night, we read and marveled once again at the life, death, and resurrection of our Lord. I wrapped my arms around Cosette as she sat next to me, the two of us sharing a Bible. My heart rejoiced to hear my daughter taking turns at reading the Scripture out loud........

  
     And tonight, we sat in the filled auditorium, watching as my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's church put on an AWESOME Easter play. I looked over at Eli's eyes, wide open, as he watched Jesus cry out in agony as they nailed Him on the tree. And I saw his face light up with joy as the risen Lord came walking onto the stage, peaceful and radiant. 

      Yes, we've done all we can to keep our focus on Him this Easter season. Tomorrow, we will wake up with joy, as the day we've been anticipating for weeks now has come. I'll watch my girls, dressed in their Easter frills, and be reminded of how Jesus takes our yucky, sin filled lives and replaces them with beauty. And as we enjoy our Easter candy, our Easter dinner, the frills, pretty dresses and dyed eggs, there will be no question in my heart of whether or not my children know why we celebrate. We rejoice because of our Risen Lord!
                                                                   


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...