Or, perhaps, something like this.
But alas, I share my dear mother's ability in the 'green thumb' area. In other words, I don't have one. I kill plants. I don't try to. It just happens. Oh, and I could probably tell you the difference between a rose and a tulip, but that's about as far as my 'flower knowledge' goes. What can I say? I spent too many hours cooped up at the piano as a teenager!
So, I fear that my outside paradise would look something more like this:
Haha. Some of you are laughing----my family members are probably just nodding their heads, knowing that I exaggerate only slightly :)
So, while I know my dreams of beautiful outdoor gardens are not going to come true, I do have a few simpler dreams for our yard this year. Simple, easy, yet pretty....maybe not too much for me to handle with my kiddos, and yet still add a little beauty to our yard. Here are my hopes for our yard/garden this spring and summer.
1. Order and plant a row of blueberry bushes toward the back of the yard.
2. Plant tulips around the edge of the garage and back of the house.
3. Clean out the dead leaves/foliage from under the deck
4. Plant two oval shaped, ground level flower beds to either side of the swing,
and fill them with a mixture of perennials and annuals, maybe creating a simple brick or stone walkway between them.
5. Expand the size of the vegetable garden that is here from the previous owners and plant a strong wall of marigolds around it to keep out small creatures.
And that, I think, is lofty enough ambitions for this Mama. Hopefully I have 'success' pictures to share with you later this spring/ summer :) Anybody want to share your own gardening expertise with me?