Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Pretty in Purple

Yes, I know, if you're 'friends' with me on Facebook, you've already seen these photos. Sorry. I couldn't help myself. I had to post them here too....

My Pap recently gifted me with my grandmother's old sewing machine. I really shouldn't call it 'old' though. She had just recently bought it before she passed away two years ago, and had barely used it. And it's a really nice sewing machine---I was tickled beyond measure to receive it!

I'd been wanting to try sewing matching dresses for my girls for a while, but wasn't energetic enough to try sewing them by hand. So yesterday and today, I conquered the task with my new machine! I was so happy with how they turned out :)

Cosette also picked out a pretty green material with flowers on it. I assume it will be another snowy day tomorrow, so after the kids finish their school work, the green dresses will be my afternoon project. Having conquered this first big sewing adventure, I feel suddenly inspired, and see many possible projects in my future :)




Isn't that the prettiest smile you've ever seen? :)


So thankful for my two wonderful girls






1 comment:

Chuck said...

truly beautiful

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...