Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Update

Wow. Almost a whole week with no new posts. That has to be a record for me. Have you ever felt like life is just piling one thing on top of you after another?

It started last August. The 9th, to be precise. My dear Mom passed away on 8-9-10. That in itself is enough to cause quite a bit of grief and 'recovery'.

Joel and I bought a new house and moved on October 1st. This was a GOOD thing, but still, added stress.

My baby girl is being difficult. Like she is up ALL night long nursing. Last night, at 4:30 a.m., she was sitting on our bed, clapping her hands, laughing, and 'singing'. Every now and then she'd squish her little face against mine and go 'Aaaggghhh!' Then, she stays awake all day and won't nurse or nap. She screams if I put her down, or in her seat. I'm a little sleep deprived, with loads of laundry waiting to be done, school subjects to be done with my kids, and the baby won't. stop. fussing.

Did I mention that my Dad's family is moving out of their house? I knew they wouldn't be there forever once Mom passed away, but I wasn't quite prepared yet to pack everything up. Very soon we are going to have to start going through Mom's stuff, figuring out what stuff to get rid of, what stuff to put in storage, who wants what, etc. All of mom's clothes...her books.....her dishes.....have you ever had to do this for a loved one? It's going to be hard.

And finally, I have had some personal health issues over the past few weeks that ended me up at my OB/GYN today. I won't go into further detail here (because this is a public blog and I wish to avoid nasty google searchers). But, fortunately, my appointment turned out fine and the doctor thinks there's nothing to worry about. Thanks to everybody who was praying for me. But still, the added stress of that has had me on pins and needles the last few weeks.


I am simply trying to take one day at a time, and not freak out. I failed today. I freaked out. I yelled at Eli when he woke up Leanna from a very rare nap she was taking. I grumbled when the kids wouldn't do their school work happily. My husband found me in tears by the time he got home. It was not a good day. But it's almost bed-time for the kiddos. I'm going to take a hot bath, eat some chocolate, and be thankful that I get to start over again tomorrow. I can 'erase the slate' from today and start again. His mercies are 'new every morning.' When I fail, when I'm not all that I should be, He is always the same. Praise the Lord!!




2 comments:

Momma Bean said...

REAL is good
thanks

Chuck said...

that was me not laura
chuck

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...