Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A new kind of marathon

I have been neglectful of my blog this week. I wish I had something interesting to post--something clever, witty, funny or cute. But I don't. I can't pull anything out of my brain! Mostly, I think my brain is just feeling 'blah' lately. It could be due to a certain little seven month old crawling around our house...


Most of the time, Leanna is a great nurser and sleeper! But lately, she's been staying awake and crying all day with hardly any naps. She only nurses in short bursts throughout the day. So, when evening comes, we've been doing what I call 'marathon nursing' sessions. Like, we sit down to nurse, and she nurses and nurses for a long time. Last night it was an hour and a half. Yep. I thought I wouldn't make it! Then, after waiting until 10:30 or 11:00 to go to sleep, she wakes me back up around 2:30a.m. to nurse again. And then again around 5:30a.m. Then I got up this morning at 6:00 a.m. I thought starting her on solid food would help her to sleep better at night, not worse!


So, I can come up with absolutley nothing clever or creative. I have one, lonely picture on my camera that's worth sharing, so here you go :)






I only took this one because I walked into the living room and Eli said '' You can take our picture if you want, Mom!''

So don't worry. I'm still here. And as soon as something funny or interesting happens, you can rest assured I'll share it with you. Unless I'm too busy nursing and don't have any free hands. Which is quite possible. So here's to more sleep tonight and happier babies in the future!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...