Saturday, January 01, 2011

"Count your blessings, name them one by one"

(Note: I am leaving out our relative's first names in this post to respect their privacy :)

I know I've mentioned on here before that I am blessed with the most awesome husband a girl could ask for. But have I mentioned that his parents and siblings and his entire immediate and extended family are wonderful as well? Seriously, I look forward to the family get-togethers each year as one of the high-lights of my holiday season! I am so blessed that my children are growing up under the influence of these Godly men and women!
Today, the family spent the day together eating (and eating, and eating some more....you've never seen food like this before!), playing games, talking, and just enjoying being together.


This was Noah's take on the day:



And the three oldest girl cousins? Well, they just had fun being silly together :) I have no idea why Noah is making that weird face in the back ground.





What a spread! And this was just the evening 'light' meal of soup and crackers. You should have seen the afternoon meal, he he!


My sister-in-law and her son



A noisy game of Taboo (Not that the game itself was that noisy, but all the kids running around in the background were noisy :) There were 11 children here today six years old and under! Oh, and before we leave this picture, I have to mention that I buzzed Joel on three different words, AND my team beat his :P (This is only a sweet victory because he beats me in every single other game we play....)



Gotta love the pigtails in this picture!






Leanna and Aunt ___






Tryng to play hide-n-seek







Leanna and Aunt____






This was Noah's 4th clementine! Not to mention the half a grapfruit he ate for breakfast this morning! The child can put away some fruit!





When Daddy and Grandma BOTH agreed that he could have another clementine, he jumped up and down, yelled "Yay, yay yay!" and ran over and gave Grandma a huge hug. Too cute! This is him and Aunt ___, who lives several hours away. We don't get to see them as much as some of the other relatives, so it's always a treat when they can come in.






Wow, gotta love all this attention!








"I see your nose, and I'm gonna get it and pull it right off your face!"


Ever since the very first family function I attended while I was dating Joel, they have all welcomed me with open arms. I know not everybody is this blessed, so I'm literally 'counting my blessings'.....I think there were about 40 of us there today, but I might have missed somebody in my counting :)











4 comments:

kelly, said...

What a fun family! So great that the kids have your in-laws as inspiration. Mine are so wonderful and I feel like i take them for granted.

Anonymous said...

Pony tails love... pony tails. ;)

Anonymous said...

This is very nice Jaime. You take such good pictures.
Mom C.

robert said...

Greetings from Wordwise Hymns. It was your title that caught my eye today, since I posted an article on Johnson Oatman's fine gospel song this morning. Loved all the pictures you've shared, of a loving family and fun-filled children. Much to thank the Lord for. God bless.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...