Sunday, December 19, 2010

Merry Christmas!

With all our love, Joel, Jaime, Cosette, Elias, Noah and Leanna




Dear Family and Friends,

Once again, I have chosen the easier route of putting our yearly family letter on my blog. I am slowly learning that with four little ones, some things take priority, while others take the 'back burner' :) Besides, I probably don't have all of your addresses anyway ;)

The year 2010 was both a blessed one, as well as a very hard one for our family. It started out last May with the birth of our fourth baby, Leanna Rose. She was named after my Grandmother who passed away last year, Rosina. She was my smallest baby yet, weighing in at 6lb, 14 oz.

The difficult part of the year came when my dear mom passed away on August 9. This was totally unexpected on our part, and so we found ourselves rather unprepared. I told my husband how amazing it is that since Mom's passing, heaven seems SO MUCH closer! I can not wait until our whole family is reunited again some day. In the mean time, we move on. Our family and friends have been so wonderful at helping us through this hard time. Each day, something causes me to think of her, even just a simple Christmas ornament that maybe SHE gave me. I miss having her right down the road; I miss having her to call on to watch my children at a moment's notice---but most of all, I just miss her. God's grace is sufficient, however, and I'm amazed that I can keep 'going on' some days when the ache in my heart hurts so badly. I know it will ease with time.

Joel and I just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. In some ways, it feels like a life-time ago, in other ways it feels like just yesterday that I walked down the aisle :) Our family recently moved from our little 'starter' home to a larger home with more space for our kids to romp and play :) We are loving it here in our new place!




Cosette will celebrate her 6th birthday in two weeks, and sometimes I wonder where my little baby is that I brought home from the hospital----wasn't that just yesterday??! She is working on 2nd grade work, and is reading and writing very well. She loves to write stories and send notes of encouragement to others. She is taking a six week ballet class, and is really loving that as well. As you can see in the picture, she is beginning to loose some teeth :)














Eli is working on Kindergarten work, and loves science the most. He is doing really well with his reading also. I didn't know if he was ready to start reading yet, but once we started, he just took it and ran! We are so proud of him! His favorite thing to do is play with legos, and he builds some pretty intricate things!


























Noah Shaun is 2 1/2. Despite his ornery ways, he wins my heart every day! He loves to snuggle and cuddle, and is the first of my children to have a favorite 'pillow and blanket'. He is not talking much yet---he only has a handful of words he uses. But we know one of these days he's just going to open up and start talking, so we're not worried :) I love his big brown eyes and his curly head of brown hair.


















And Leanna Rose? How can I begin to say how much joy this little girl has brought us. She is an exceptionally happy and easy-going baby, with a lovable disposition. She shares her sister's baby-blue eyes, and is currently bringing in two bottom teeth. She can crawl like a champ, as well as pull herself up on things into a standing position. Her siblings absolutely LOVE her, and basically can't get enough of holding her and playing with her! Sometime I have to say "Oh please, leave Leanna alone for just a little while!" ;)







And Joel and Jaime? Well, Joel keeps busy with his work this time of year, as well as being an elder at our church. He absolutely amazes me each day with what a wonderful husband and father he is, and I am so glad that he is mine :) I (Jaime) basically find myself more than busy enough caring for the kids. There are some days when I feel over-whelmed and anxious about the amount of work that caring for a large family requires, but then I remember that it is only for a season. Some day I will look back at these photos and wonder how my children all grew up so quickly! So, I wade my way through the piles of laundry each day, thanking God for my little people.


We hope and pray that this Christmas season finds all of our family and friends doing well and marveling at the birth of our Savior. Please, if you read and don't usually comment, I'd love to hear from you! Let me know you're reading, and catch up a little! Blessings to all!


7 comments:

bluemountainmama said...

what a beautiful family, jaime! i enjoyed the update and i hope you all have a wonderful christmas.

Anonymous said...

So many times I'm on the verge of tears after reading your blog entries. So is the case this time. You are a very talented writer. Thanks for sharing with us the ups and downs of your life. We wish you and your beautiful family a wonder-filled Christmas and a New Year filled with God's love and grace.

Della and Steve

Marsha said...

I just adore your little ones. They are just so precious. It has been almost 11 years since I lost my Mom. Dear heart, it does get a bit easier with time. Things that I would come across in my house that reminded me of Mom initially brought a lot of tears. I still miss her, but each day I look at my girls and see little glimpses of Mom in them. It lifts my spirit. Now, when I see those things that remind me of my Mom, it just brings back a wonderful flood of memories. My prayer for all your family this Christmas is for peace. Love to you all! ;)

Bettie said...

Wishing you and your sweet family a wonderful Christmas and praying God's rich blessings on all of you in the new year. In His Love, Bettie and Eddie

Chuck said...

Leanna continues to be "too cute" and the other 3 are really coming into their own.
Would love to get Patience in touch with Cosette she needs, God-loving, friends.

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone... just so you know... I have the "most bestest" wife in the whole world! :)

- Joel

Amy said...

I just got around to reading this Jaime and I love it. You and Joel are such great parents; your kids love you and look up to you and that's no little thing. I'm so glad that I got to see you yesterday and hope very much that I get to make it to Ladies Day next month.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...