Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I remember......

  • going out for pie over six years ago on the very day we found out we were expecting
  • discussing names....was she going to be 'Eliah Faith' or ' Cosette Elise'?
  • agonizing over every single prenatal vitamin, fish oil caplets, plenty of protein, milk, no feta or soft cheese....my 'safe' list went on and on :)
  • Arriving at the hospital at 11:30 p.m. on my due date, only to find out that it was going to be a loooooooong wait
  • 5:17 p.m. on December 29th, when they said I had a baby girl with blond hair, blue eyes, weighing 7 lbs, 3 oz. I took her in my arms and thought she was the most beautiful thing I had every seen!
  • the week that Joel took off work to help me get adjusted to our new life. We basically sat around our cozy Christmas tree, watching movies, admiring our new baby girl, and showing her off to anybody who cared enough to sit and listen to our bragging :)
  • her first birthday, when she smeared her strawberry shortcake alllllllllll over her dress and hair and face and high chair and floor and.....
  • the day she got a sticker stuck to the roof of her mouth and I had to call my mom to come help me get it out
  • that she used to call my sister 'Deka'
  • the way her Daddy taught her to say 'Dow Jones Industrial Average', just for kicks
  • teaching her how to read, and rejoicing as I see her love for reading blossoming

And tomorrow, on December 29th, my little girl turns six! Happy Birthday, Cosette Elise. When God gave us you, he was giving us an extra-special gift! We love you, baby girl!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...