Thursday, November 18, 2010

A little of everything

It's times like this that I am so glad I have a blog. Times when I have so much going through my mind that I want to share with somebody, and well, here is the best place to do that. Because, I figure if you care enough to take the time to come here in the first place, then maybe you don't mind reading all of my brain-dumping :)

So, first on the agenda: Cosette's first ballet class. We actually just signed her up for a mini six-week class to see how she likes it. Although, we assume that she will LOVE it, since she's been asking for dance lessons pretty much since she started talking!

Here's her first dance photo. You'll have to excuse the quality---I was trying to take it around a corner, peeking in a door with the baby on my other hip :)




Thanksgiving at our house is going to be a little weird this year without mom. Well, a LOT of things are going to be weird for a while without mom.We're just plowing through them, trying to make them as 'normal' as possible for the kids, even though I keep finding my own mind wandering back to all my child-hood memories, and the way 'mom used to do things'.

Today, Eli made his own pilgrims. I couldn't help but be both proud AND amused, all at the same time:

I mean, seriously, have you ever seen more handsome pilgrims??

Oh, and speaking of holidays, if you all need a unique gift idea, check these out. I don't usually wear jewelry, but these are just too precious! They would be an awesome gift for the mom or grandma in your life!


Our weekly Bible Study Group had our one year anniversary tonight. Kristin and I decided to go 'all out' to celebrate, and look what my wonderful sister put together:


Yeah, had to get a close up of that chocolate fountain!!



We talked, we laughed, (we ate lots of chocolate), and one side of the table beat the other side of the table mercilessly in a game of 'Mad Gab'. (Nope, not much actual Bible Studying going on tonight....) But it was good to rejoice over one full year of growing together in God, encouraging one another, and being there for on another. Seriously, I don't know what I would have done without this group as I grieved the loss of mom.




Oh yeah, there was also some baby cuddling going on. Because, quite frankly, Leanna still goes pretty much anywhere I go :) Oh, and this is my sister (i.e. best friend) in this photo. Isn't she beautiful? :) My kids pretty much adore her!




Oh, and last story on my agenda. Last Tuesday, I bought all new toothbrushes for the kids. I, in a moment of haste that night accidentally threw away my old toothbrush instead of Eli's. Well, I didn't have a new toothbrush for ME, so I had to use the only spare toothbrush in the house which was, you guessed it, toddler mini-size. Do you know how long it takes to brush your teeth with a mini-size tooth brush? So, the next day I got a new 'grown up' tooth brush. I used it for two whole days. And this morning, I found Noah with it. He had left it on the dining room floor. *sigh* So, here I am, back to using the mini-size tooth brush again. Oh, the things we moms go through :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...