Sunday, November 07, 2010

The apple doesn't fall far.....

The year: 1989. Seven year old Jaime and her cousin Jenny, who spent the night, are making breakfast in bed for Jaime's poor, unsuspecting mom. It is 6:00 in the morning. On the menu? Soggy cheerios, burned toast and half a glass of milk.

We laughed about this years later, and my mom said "Just you wait!" This morning, my moment came.

The year: 2010. Poor, unsuspecting Jaime lays sound asleep in her warm, cozy bed. All of the sudden a bump in her arm and "Jaime, Cosette has brought us breakfast in bed." The time: 6:14 a.m. The menu? Cold, hard, peanutbutter and jelly toast on mostly-stale bread. Oh, and no drink. As I eat the cold toast and try to wake up, I groan. "I wanted an egg this morning!"

Joel laughed. "She IS your daughter, Jaime" :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I love it Jaime!!! That is hillarious!! I guess my turn with Mariah is next. dun dun dun....I am sure you have many more breakfast's to come!
Jenny

Chuck said...

funny how it all comes back around
wish we knew that when we were younger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...