Thursday, October 28, 2010

Twisting words to your own advantage......

So we were having this family discussion the other night around the dinner table about how all of our 'things' actually belong to God. Joel was trying to emphasize the idea that the kids should be willing to share their belongings with others because the 'stuff' really isn't theirs anyway, it's Gods. He said that he was sure that God would be happy to let other people use His things.
Well, today, Eli came running to me with this crying, whining tone in his voice that I really can't stand. Whenever my kids whine like that, there is no way they are getting what they want until they ask nicely and change their attitude. Anyway, he came whining to me and said: "Mommy, Cosette has that pen, and I want it!"

I replied "Well Eli, Cosette was using that pen, and besides, it's not your pen, it's Cosette's"

He looked at me and said "No, it's not Cosette's pen, Mommy, it belongs to God, and I want to use it!"

Haha, I think he got Joel's message from the other night a little twisted around :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...