Monday, October 25, 2010

I stood in my new kitchen today, mixing up pumpkin whoopie pies with maple-cream cheese frosting while my older kids napped. The kitchen had a strange, pleasing aroma of goodies baking and that gas-oven smell that I'm still getting used to. This precious little lady sat on the floor, keeping me company:




She loves that raggedy ann doll. It's her favorite toy, and that just about melts my heart! Every now and then she'd drop it, and I'd look over to see it on the floor, and she'd be about beside herself trying to 'talk' to me so I'd get it for her :) As I picked it up for about the up-teenth time, I smiled to myself and thought "Life doesn't get much better than this" :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Holy Cow, Jaime! I looked at the link for those pumpkin whoopie pies and I've got to tell you, you made me REALLY HUNGRY FOR THEM! :) :) I bet your kids just love it when you make those...and your husband :) And hopefully you sneak at least one for yourself....haha, I just remember what you said the other day about Eli 'thou shalt not 'sneak' :) Maybe you should just eat one and not sneak it heehee :) So glad to hear you had a nice birthday and vacation. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

plantmyappletree said...

She is adorable and I just love when little kids have such a favorite toy for cuddling. (Except that you can never allow to have this get lost ;-)).

I think she really starts looking like her big sister, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...