Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunshine

In the midst of our sorrow and grief, God has sent us some sunshine.

Last week was the hardest week of my entire life. Nobody wants to bury a parent, but to bury my mom, who was only 47 years old, took more than a little courage. It took everything I (and my brother and sister and dad) had in us, and we are now physically and emotionally drained.

But in the midst of all of this, a good thing has happened. We have been adopted.

By a kitten :)

Yes, the kitten adopted us, and not the other way around. It just kind of 'showed up' one morning, and nobody has claimed it. It doesn't belong to any of our neighbors. And it will not go home. I think somebody must have dropped it off (possibly a Hand straight from heaven....) So, we officially today made our home the kitten's home.

Cosette proudly marched into the grocery store and picked up a litter box. The kitten is downstairs now in the laundry room and rec room (on threat that I do not want it upstairs in my house or near my baby). It is a pretty little calico kitten. It is very friendly and sweet. And, I am happy to say that it is my husband who first fed it (what a softie! ;)

It was about time for my kids to have a pet, anyway. Cosette had been praying for one lately. (Wow, that girl and her prayers! A baby sister, a pet---what's next?) And, we decided that a calico kitten is much easier right now than Eli's wish for a bull dog :)

Her name? Well, she first made her appearance just a few days before my mom went home to Jesus. When I told my mom in the hospital room last Sunday that we were thinking of keeping this calico kitten, she got a big grin on her face and gave me a 'thumbs up' sign. My mom's favorite song was 'Pocket full of sunshine", so , we have decided to name our kitten.....Sunshine.

She is our sunshine kitten----a gift sent to my children during one of the saddest weeks of their little lives. And I must admit, she makes me smile too :)

6 comments:

Marsha said...

Isn't God wonderful! Good luck with your new addition. :)

Anonymous said...

Your post made me smile. We have been praying for you all, Jaime, and thinking about you constantly.
Love,
Kelly and Wes

Anonymous said...

Jaime and family,

Don and I have had your entire family in our hearts and prayers when we heard of your mom's stroke and homegoing.

She was a very special person and you have many wonderful memories of her to sustain you during this most difficult time.

Please know that your family was there for our daughter and her family when they really needed a "special" friend.

Give your dad, sister, brother a big hug from us... OH yes, your hubby and your children..

Love to all,

Don and Liz Fulton
California

Elizabeth said...

Aw, Jaime, that's so sweet! I LOVE the kitty's name. Isn't it amazing how pets can bring us so much happiness? God is so good and I do believe He sent you your new furry friend :)

Love ya!

Elizabeth

plantmyappletree said...

This is so sweet and it is a really a gift of God that your kids are now blessed with this little joy. We want photos :-)

I think of you and your family daily!

Chuck said...

I totally believe
God dropped Sunshine on your doorstep

The God of all comforts He is!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...