Tuesday, August 10, 2010

sorrowful, but not as those who have no hope....

This hurts so badly to type, but I realized it had to be done because all of my blogging friends would not have heard my sad news. My beautiful, loving, wonderful mother passed away yesterday afternoon at 1:21 in the afternoon. She was surrounded by her family. She suffered an acute stroke early Sunday morning and was rushed to a nearby large hospital by helicopter. When we saw her right before the helicopter ride, she was trying to speak and getting some words/sentences right. She put her hand on my hair and said "You look pretty", and said "I love you" as they wheeled her down the hallway and out the door. We all assumed she would be fine. But upon arriving at the larger hospital, the neurosurgeon tried several different procedures to remove the clot from her brain. Due to her three previous open heart surgeries, the blood vessels on the surface of her brain were a tangled mess, and they were unable to get the clot. Plus, the different procedures had caused bleeding on her brain. She went steadily downward from there, and they told us yesterday morning that she would never recover. She slipped home to be with Jesus very peacefully as we all stood loving her and telling her to go ahead 'home', and make sure she gave Grandma a big hug for us when she got there. We know the two of them are together again in heaven. My mom was only 47 years old.

This hurts so badly. So, so, so, so badly. She was my mom. She was just perfectly fine when I saw her Saturday evening! She was laughing and talking and having a good time. None of us had any idea whatsoever. Nobody but Jesus.

My mom found out about her heart problems when she was pregnant with me. The Lord could have taken her home so much sooner than He did. But I remember that she always prayed that she would live to see her kids grow up. Well, my younger sister just recently turned 21, so I'd say that's 'grown up', wouldn't you? God is good beyond what we can even try to understand.

I am still having trouble wrapping my brain around this. Please pray for my whole family. My Dad is only 48 years old, and now without his wife. My brother and sister have so many major 'life milestones' still ahead of them that my mom will not be there for. And me----well, greedy me just wants her back here with me----so I can give her a huge hug and tell her how much I love her. But that will have to wait till I join her someday in heaven. My heart is very heavy, and although I rejoice for my mom, I am sad for me beyond words.

Please, please pray for us----I will miss my mom like crazy!

11 comments:

Marsha said...

Jaime,

We are all so saddened over the loss of your Mom and our hearts break for you, your brother and sister, and those beautiful kids of yours. Give your Dad and rest of the family a big hug from us all.

Our prayers and love are with your family.

Ken and Marsha Staggs

Elizabeth said...

Jaime,

I am so proud of you for being able to write this, and for doing it so eloquently. My heart is aching so much for you and your family. My cousin Jenny lost her mom in the Fall and I've watched two of my other best friends lose parents. I can't imagine how much this hurts. I don't have anything to say except you are an amazing person. You're an amazing mom, wife, I know you were the pride and joy of your mother's life, and you are also an amazing friend. You're faith shines through in your life---your mother raised you to be a beautiful example of Christ. I know there is nothing that can take away this pain. But know that you are surrounded with so much love. You are NOT going to have to go through this alone. The Lord is your strength and He has given you many many people who are here for you whenever you need us. I love you .

Elizabeth

Jenn with Munchkin Land Designs said...

Jaime, I am so, so sorry for your loss. My heart aches with yours and you will be in my prayers in the weeks/months ahead. May God's strength and peace be yours today, tomorrow, this week.

Sharon said...

Jaime, I am so sorry for all of your heartache. I love your spirit of hope and yes, we will all rejoice in heaven with all of our loved ones someday. Please know I am with you all in prayer. God will walk with you through this journey. I love you all and so glad that you and your family have come into my life through your friendship with Elizabeth.

Sharon

Jodi said...

Oh my Jaime... I am so so sorry. You will be on my mind often in the weeks to come, and I will be praying.

Anonymous said...

Jaime, this is such a beautiful posting and tribute to your mom. I'm sitting here in tears and can't imagine how much sorrow you must all be feeling right now.

May you find comfort this week and in the months ahead. Your family is so close and that closeness, along with your strong faith, will surely ease your pain.

Hugs...

Cindi

Anonymous said...

Dear, Dear Jaime...... May the Lord be your very sustanance, hide you under his wings and wash you with His healing presence.

Know that we want to be helpful to you guys in any way we're able.

Let me know if the older kids need a divertion at any points over the next days and weeks.

Love and prayers!

~Bekah

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, in reference to my earlier post, I don't want to imply that giving a diversion to your older kids was the only help I had in mind. ANYTHING I am capable of I am willing to do for you guys!
~bekah

Anonymous said...

Jaime,
I read this post with tears in my eyes. We will continue to pray for you and Joel, the kids, and your entire family. I cannot imagine what you are going through right now.
Lots of love,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Jaime,
We are so sorry for you and the entire family's loss of your beautiful mom. This post made me weep. Lots of love and prayers.
Love,
Kelley(cousin)

Pony and Petey said...

Praying for you, your family, and all those who loved your mom. So glad that I will one day meet her in Heaven...

We grieve, but not as those who have no hope...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...