Thursday, July 01, 2010

Life with four....

...means I have to give myself a little 'slack' every once in a while. And by slack, I don't mean that I'm being lazy. I mean that I'm not beating myself up because I haven't done everything that I wanted to do. For instance:


Yesterday, I wanted to feel frustrated because I hadn't gotten around to cleaning the bedrooms and bathroom, running to the store for pull-ups, or trimming all my little people's fingernails.
However, I had done a reading lesson with Eli, a piano lesson with Cosette, made my first batch of bread since Leanna was born, taken the little kids for a walk while the big kids rode their bikes, cleaned up Cosette's shattered Corelle serving bowl from the floor, fixed stuffed peppers for dinner, and read lots of books to the kids. I was up at 3 a.m. feeding Leanna, and then again at 6:30 to fix my husband's lunch. I kissed owwies, I mediated arguments, I 'held down the fort' while my husband had an evening meeting.

I'm the type of person that, when I have a 'list', be it mental or on a board, of everything that 'needs' to be done, I want to do it ALL. Right now. Today. Every little bit of it!

But, I'm slowly learning that, tomorrow will be plenty of time to do what didn't get done today.

Was I laying around watching TV and being lazy? No, I was working hard, taking care of my home, raising and loving my children. I didn't 'get around' to everything because, well, I simply ran out of time!


When will I learn to be a little more realistic with what can fit in my day? Maybe when I remember that my children are the most important thing. If I've succeeded in keeping a clean house, but failed to tell my children about Jesus and His wonderful love, then I've missed the most important thing. May God give me more wisdom....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're doing a great job love! I love you! :)

- Joel

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...