Monday, July 05, 2010

Life right now

I know, my posts have been few and far between lately. We are just enjoying life so much lately, I find myself with little or no time to sit down and blog, which is too bad, since I have so much fun stuff running through my head that I'd love to share!

My kiddos are napping right now though, so I thought I'd take a minute and post just a couple things.

First of all, we had a fabulous fourth of July, mostly thanks to the hard work of our parents! Joel's whole family got together for a cook-out, and that is quite a crowd! Someone made this really yummy ice-cream cookie dessert thing, (I don't know what it's called for sure), of which I would have liked to have had third and fourth helpings! ( I didn't, don't worry! :) I have to find out how to make that stuff!

Then, after the meal, Grandpa Dale (Joel's dad), set up this really fun pool that he had bought for all the grand-kids to play in. Here's a picture:



Here's a few things to note about this picture: Cosette is in the water having a blast---she loves water and will swim until her fingers turn to raisins. Eli was not in the water yet. He loves to swim too, but he was too busy at the time eating cheetos :) And Noah? Well, Noah pretty much hates the water. Which is strange, because he LOVES to take a bath, but absolutely hates the pool. He hated it just as much last fall when we went to the beach! So, he is not in the water here either :)

After the cookout and swimming, we went with my family to see fireworks. They were the first fire-works my kids had ever seen, and they 'oohed' and 'aahhed' quite approapriately :)

Since the 4th was a Sunday, Joel has today off. Gotta love starting a week with your husband at home!



Okay, enough about the 4th. Second thought:


I have been working on making our home a place of 'peace' lately. Some of that involves my own reaction to external events. For instance, when I have Noah on the changing table, and the phone rings, and at that exact moment, Cosette falls down and hits her leg, so she's crying, and the baby is screaming because she's hungry and Eli starts jumping up and down in front of me saying "I wanna talk to them, Mom, I wanna talk to them Mom, I wanna talk to them, Mom''......yeah. This situation happened not long ago! Anyway, when times like this happen, I just want to stay calm and smile, remember that they won't be 5 weeks, 2 yrs, 4 yrs and 5 1/2 yrs old forever, and be proud later with my loving response :) "Peace",that's our goal....if not always externally, then at least internally!

So, you can imagine that the other day when Joel walked in the door to this scene and said "She looks peaceful", I could have jumped for joy :



Third Thought: We're getting close to the end of our 'no spending money' year, and the reaching of our financial goals. We should be there by the end of the summer or so. With that so close at hand, we've begun thinking about what our next 'step' is. Do we stay here in our little rancher? Do we try to find a bigger place? Do we possibly add on a large addition to our current house? I still have that rather wishful dream of a house with a firplace and cherry hard-wood dining room floor and a stair case with a banister and room for a huge garden.....We've already hit a couple of 'speed bumps' along the way in our decision making process, so we're taking our time to think and pray about it. One way or the other, though, we will probably need to do something before too terribly long, as we are quickly out-growing our little home :)

Fourth thought: Well, there's a lot more running through my head, but this post is already more than long enough, so I'll save it for another day!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm guessing at the '4th thought'. Teach Eli and Cosette how to build their own fire and move them into tents in the back-yard. Then Noah and Leanna get their own bedrooms......this COULD work until....the sun goes down and the raccoons come out :) Ok. BAD IDEA ! :)

Glad you had such a nice 4th of July. Ours was nice too. Leanna looks so 'long' in this picture...and yes, 'PEACEFUL" :)

oh...and why is it I read your posts on yummy food like 'ice-cream cookies' at night time---precisely the time when I'm fighting the urge for cookies and ice cream! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...