Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Learning about real heros

After Leanna was born, I had to 'cut out' a few of the things that I regularly 'do'. One of those was playing the keyboard at church. Another was grocery shopping with the kids by myself. Another was weekly story hour at the library. I knew that realistically, I would not be able to do these things by myself with a newborn, at least for a few months. I'm still not grocery shopping by myself---maybe never will be again!! I am planning to start back with the worship team this month. And, when my sister-in-law called this morning to tell me that the library's children's summer reading program was having a real fire truck and firemen come----well, how could I say no to that? I asked Noah if he wanted to go see a real firetruck, and his face just lit up!!



Here are some of the kids listening to the fireman.

Cosette and Eli and their cousin are right in front.







Noah on the firetruck.

Yep, that's Eli in there.


I got a better shot of Cosette

Noah got in the truck too---for a whopping total of
about five seconds :) He wanted right back out of there!

The kids thought the best part was when the fireman turned
on the fire hose for them and sprayed it waaaaaaay up into the
air. It was like a huge sprinkler! (I thought that was pretty
cool myself ;) Here are all the happy, 'fire-safety wise' kids :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, Deka's comment after reading this post was....."She calls me to help with everything else...why didn't I get invited to go see the firemen...I er mean the firetruck and oogle....er I mean help with the kids?"
Oh, Deka, you are so bad.....:)
Mumz

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...