Tuesday, July 20, 2010

'Good', or 'Better' ?

I was going to upload more pictures of Noah's birthday today. But I got distracted spending the afternoon with my sister and helping her sew new matching skirts for my girls. (I say 'helping', not because she needed my help, since I had no clue what I was doing, but because I wanted to feel 'helpful' :) So the pictures didn't get posted.

Just like yesterday, when I was going to run to Dollar General and pick up much needed items like soap and shampoo and desitin and vitamins.....but didn't get around to it, because it took me about an hour longer than I had hoped to get ready to leave for our errands.

And that book club book? Well, I'm going to do my best to finish it, but if it doesn't happen because I'm too occupied taking my kids for walks in the summer sun or rejoicing when my four year old reads yet another new word, then so be it.

And my dirty house? Well, I'll tackle it room by room, but it's taking second place lately to my baby who needs to nurse every two hours, and keeps me busy with the incredible amount of dirty diapers she can create in one day!

And I'm finding that that's the way life goes sometimes. The 'good' gets pushed aside to leave room for the 'better'. And while it may not 'all' get done in one day, if I can look back and say that I really 'lived life abuntantly', that I did the things that will make an eternal difference....then the 'good' things that got skipped won't seem to matter quite so much.

Ouch....it's hard to preach to myself and learn to 'hold back' that first born personality.....but slowly, I learn. Maybe if I'm ever old and gray, I will actually learn to practice what I type :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Preach to me too. I'm trying to learn. I just can't keep up with the housecleaning anymore it seems. Did you see Felicia's post about her windows that she didn't clean in 24 years because she was busy with more important things?
We do need to focus on the most important. I don't expect to ever look back and say, "I wish I would have scrubbed the kitchen floor more often."
Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...